Saturday, November 15, 2008

Review: A Daily Dose of Pride and Prejudice

Having received six installments of Pride and Prejudice from DailyLit.com, I must say I am having a blast reading this famous classic.

DailyLit brings short book installments to your email box or RSS feed on the day and at the time you choose.

I just finished reading installment 6 of 146, and each email gives the reader the option of clicking to immediately receive the next installment. It has been a pleasure to read this book, one that I probably would not read right now if I had purchased or obtained it from the library.

Just the fact that I see it arrive daily, Monday through Friday, encourages me to click on the link and read that days portion. The installment is just the right length, always leaving me wanting more.

This book, as well as many others, is free. Some books cost a very low amount of money, but there are many in the public domain. All you have to do is go to the website, register, choose which books you want and when, and receive. Reading classic books could not get any easier.

In fact, I am enjoying it so much, I am thinking about subscribing to another book for two different reads a day. Maybe one in the a.m. and one at night?

No comments: